Update to Google Goggles Solves Sudoku Puzzles!
Google Goggles was one of the novelty applications that I downloaded when I got my phone, but quickly forgot about. A new update to this application today added a series of tweaks and improvements (making it faster and results more reliable) as well as a few new features:
- QR codes recognised by scanning. Instead of having to take a picture, you just need to bring your camera over a QR code for it to be recognised and show you the information it contains
- Scanning of newspaper and magazine adverts. This feature is for US users where adverts in magazines and newspapers since August 2010 should be recognised by the application, however this feature currently doesn’t seem to be working for quite a lot of ads.
- Solving Sudoku puzzles. I’ve tried this and really does work, and amazingly fast too! Just take a picture of a puzzle, select the Solve option and you’ll see your phone showing you the solution in a matter of seconds.
If you don’t have Goggles already you can download using the QR code below (click it if you’re browsing on your phone):
Once downloaded you can try out the Sudoku feature on the puzzle below:
- SHARE: Submit Your Favourite Games and Applications of July 2010
- FAQS: Your HTC Desire Questions Answered #2
- HOW TO: Install APK Files From Your Computer
- HOW TO: Prevent Music and Image Folders Appearing in Music/Photos Apps
- HOW TO: Restore All Your HTC Widgets
- APPLICATIONS: Top 10 Desire Applications (May 2010)
- GAMES: 10 3D Games Coming This Friday from Gameloft
- SHARE: What Applications and Games Do You Use?
- HOW TO: Using QR Codes
- Massive List of Application Recommendations