Posts tagged import
Seems to be a few posts about syncing contacts to the Desire recently, I promise more variety in the next few posts (I’m open to suggestions) but I suppose this is the kind of thing people want right now as they start using their Desires!
Anyway, here’s a link to a Google page which gives you straight forward instructions on how you can directly sync contacts from your Symbian phone to your GMail account. Once synced, you can use that GMail account on your Desire and sync all the contacts down to your phone. It even works with your calendar too!
It’s really easy, done with software that should be on your Nokia already have (and if not it’s free to download anyway).
Basically: Nokia -> GMail -> HTC Desire. Simple.
Thanks to Stian216 on Twitter for the tip!
Note: This may work with other Nokia phones too depending on the version of Symbian OS that they use. This method is so easy it’s quite unbelievable.
Here’s what you do:
- On your Nokia go to Contacts
- Go on Options > Mark/Unmark > Mark All
- Go on Options > Copy > To Memory Card
- Connect your phone to PC
- Browse to /Other/Contacts/ on your phone’s memory card
- Copy all the .vcf files to your PC
- Connect your Desire to PC and mount as USB
- Copy all the .vcfs to the SDCard (make a directory for neatness if you like)
- Open the People app on the Desire
- Press the Menu button and select Import/Export
- Select the Import from SDCard option
- Select the Import All vCard files option
All your contacts will now be on your Desire using really simple steps.
NOTE: This has been tested on an N95 and should work on other phones too. It even worked on a Sony Ericsson K750i!
UPDATE 1: 15 April 2010 – 15:22: Updated the instructions on what to do on your Nokia