Posts tagged ringtone
This simple guide shows you how you can use your favourite part of any MP3 song on your Desire as a ringtone. This means you can skip out any long intros and just the bit that you want.
What You Need
- The song on your Desire (in MP3 format) – must appear in the Music player. I normally use DoubleTwist to sync music with my phone
Instructions (click any image to enlarge)
- Open the Music app and find the song you want to use
- Press Menu and choose the Set as Ringtone option
- Choose the Trim the ringtone option. This will bring up the Trim Ringtone screen
- Use the Sliders at the bottom to select the portion of the song you want to use
Left slider – Clicking the left slider will play the song from that point so you can preview where your ringtone will start from
Right slider – Clicking the right slider will play the song from a few seconds before that point so you can preview how your ringtone will end
Play/Pause – Use this to preview your ringtone. Bear in mind the sliders mentioned above determine where playback starts
Left button – use this to move the selected slider backwards one step (for a precise selection)
Right button – use this to move the selected slider forward one step (for a precise selection)
- When you’re happy with the preview press the Set as button
- Choose whether you want this is as your default ringtone (Phone ringtone) or assigned to a single contact (Contact ringtone)
- Wait for it to press, after which it will be set as the ringtone type you selected
- Press Exit
- To use the same ringtone again, you don’t need to repeat the process. The ringtone is saved to your SD card and will appear in the default ringtone menu where you can select it.
That’s it. Using a section of any song on your Desire as a ringtone is quick, easy and intuitive!