FAQS: Your HTC Desire Questions Answered #1
1. How do I scan QR codes?
To scan QR codes (2D barcodes) download the free application called Barcode Scanner from the Market. More information can be found here
2. Where Do I Store Movies and Videos?
You copy movies anywhere onto your SDcard and the Photos application (or your alternative media application) will automatically add it to it’s library. If you’re looking for an easy way to convert, sync and organise your videos then try out DoubleTwist – here’s an article describing the features of Double Twist and how to use it with your Desire
3. When Is NOVA Coming Out for the Desire?
I tried emailing Gameloft asking for details regarding this but unfortunately they seemed hesitant to part with absolutely any details due to “legal reasons”. Only five of Gameloft’s games are currently available for the Desire.
4. What kind of SD Card does the Desire accept?
The Desire accepts MicroSD cards, including MicroSD-HC (High Capacity cards). It’s supplied with a 4GB card but you can easily upgrade to a larger capacity when needed.
5. What Audio Formats Does the Desire Support?
Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, MPEG4, WAV, MIDI, Real Audio, and Ogg
Video Formats: H.264, 3GPP, MPEG4, and 3GP files
6. What Are the Wallpaper Dimensions?
7. What Happens if I Go Over the Vodafone 1GB limit?
According to this Tweet by Jakub Hrabovsky (Head of Web Relations at Vodafone) you will automatically be charged extra. Current pricing structure is:
No handheld data bundle 50p a day for 25MB 50p for an additional 10MB
Handheld data bundle £5 a month, or £7.50 with a flexi-bundle £5 for an additional 500MB
8. How Do I Transfer My iTunes Music to my Phone?
You can use DoubleTwist to transfer all your iTunes playlists to your Desire.
9. Will Froyo Have Sense on it?
Yes. In simple terms: Google will first release Froyo (without Sense) for phones like the Nexus One. HTC will then take Froyo, add Sense to it and then release this as an update for the HTC Desire. More information on what Froyo actually is can be found here
10. I see that I have a new Message in the top bar, how do I read it?
Simply press the bar with your finger and drag it down. You’ll see that it displays all your active notifications.
11. Is 500MB data limit enough?
For me, no. For you, I have no idea. Try monitoring your usage using an app such as 3g Watchdog or NetTraffic for a few days, and then work out what your estimated data for a month would be at that rate.
Got a Question?
If you have a question about the Desire that you’d like me to answer feel free to email hello [at] myhtcdesire [dot] com, or tweet to @MiHTCDesire on Twitter
- HOW TO: Force Apps to SD (Without Rooting) On Froyo
- DOWNLOAD: Orange Pre-Froyo Update
- Froyo Releases: Current Status
- Orange Being Dishonest About Their Froyo Release?
- This Week On Twitter #2
- FAQS: Your HTC Desire Questions Answered #4
- FROYO: European Update This Weekend – Official From HTC
- FAQS: Your HTC Desire Questions Answered #3
- REVIEW: A Day (and Night) with Froyo on HTC Desire
- VIDEO: Froyo on the HTC Desire (with Sense)