HOW TO: Replace the Default Font
This guide shows you how to replace the default Android font (Droid Sans) with a custom font of your choosing.
- Copy the font-package.zip file to your SD card
- Reboot your phone in recovery mode – instructions below if you don’t know how:
- Using adb: type in Command Prompt/Terminal: adb reboot recovery
- Using Boot Control widget: click the widget and select Recovery console
- Manually: turn off your phone. Turn on your phone holding the power key down. Select recovery from the menu that appears
- Select install zip from sd card and select the font-package.zip file
- Once the install is complete restart your phone.
- Install the Font Changer apk file (instructions here if you don’t know how)
How to Change Font
- Run Font Changer. You’ll be presented with a list of fonts that you can choose from
- Select a font that you like and a preview will appear
- If you’re happy press Yes, then press Yes again when prompted to restart your phone
- When it’s restarted you’ll see that the system font will have changed to your selection!
How to Revert back to the Default Font
- Download the font-reset.zip file from here
- Copy the file to SD card
- Reboot into recovery and install the font-reset.zip file. Restart phone
- Uninstall Font Changer from your applications