HOW TO: Transfer Contacts from a Nokia Phone to HTC Desire
Note: This may work with other Nokia phones too depending on the version of Symbian OS that they use. This method is so easy it’s quite unbelievable.
Here’s what you do:
- On your Nokia go to Contacts
- Go on Options > Mark/Unmark > Mark All
- Go on Options > Copy > To Memory Card
- Connect your phone to PC
- Browse to /Other/Contacts/ on your phone’s memory card
- Copy all the .vcf files to your PC
- Connect your Desire to PC and mount as USB
- Copy all the .vcfs to the SDCard (make a directory for neatness if you like)
- Open the People app on the Desire
- Press the Menu button and select Import/Export
- Select the Import from SDCard option
- Select the Import All vCard files option
All your contacts will now be on your Desire using really simple steps.
NOTE: This has been tested on an N95 and should work on other phones too. It even worked on a Sony Ericsson K750i!
UPDATE 1: 15 April 2010 – 15:22: Updated the instructions on what to do on your Nokia
- HOW TO: Transfer MicroSD Card Contents (including Apps2ext)
- HOW TO: Root Your Desire Easily (Method #1)
- FAQS: Your HTC Desire Questions Answered #3
- VIDEO: Froyo on the HTC Desire (with Sense)
- HOW TO: Install The Android SDK
- FAQS: Your HTC Desire Questions Answered #2
- VOTE: Top 10 Desire Games (June 2010)
- HOW TO: Add/Remove Contacts to the Favourites Widget
- TIPS: Everything you wanted to know about Li-Ion batteries but were afraid to ask!
- APPLICATIONS: Top 10 Desire Applications (May 2010)